Normally I don’t do Internet/blog post memes (usually because I stumble across them long after they’ve keeled over and died) but this one’s still relatively fresh, so I think I’ll give it a shot. Pun intended.
So, now for the meme: What guns would you purchase if money and practicality were not an issue. Well, for me, that’s tough. Mostly because I’d probably all of them (The Chauchat being probably the only exception). Fortunately (for y’all) Robb limits it to just your top 5.
So, after a whole lot of thought, my Top 5 Dream Guns are, in no particular order:
1. Detonics Combat Master. Specifically, a Seattle-manufacture Mk. III w/ Pachmayr grips. This is my Grail Gun, the one Dream Gun I want way more than all the others combined.
2. Crusader Broadsword. For those of you unfamiliar with the weapon, it is an SR-25 pattern AR battle rifle, custom-built to buyer specs. Mine would look exactly like the one in the picture below, minus the vertical foregrip. Also, the furniture would be in Flat Dark Earth, and the receiver, barrel, and ELCAN optical sight would be Cerakoted Tungsten Gray.
3. Colt Model 1860 Army Richards Conversion. Getting into the more exotic/rare/expensive, the Colt Army Richards Conversion is, in my opinion, the most beautiful revolver ever made. Since the original Richards Conversion was only made for a very short time before Colt replaced it with the simpler, cheaper, and uglier (in my opinion, anyway) Richards-Mason Conversion, I’d either need a huge pile of cash or a time-traveling DeLorean (or both) to ever get one.
4. Colt Model 607. I confess: I’ve always loved the look of the original M16 and M16A1. And for some reason, this short barreled prototype has always fascinated me. Especially the collapsing stock. I love that stock.
5. Mannlicher-Shoenauer 1903 Carbine with full-length Mannlicher stock and double-set triggers. I first became aware of this rifle’s existence whilst watching the classic war film The Longest Day. Lord Lovat (portrayed in the film by Peter Lawford) carries one ashore onto Sword Beach and when reinforcing Major Howard’s commadoes at the Orne River Bridge. In my opinion, it is the most beautiful rifle, of any sort, ever made.
So, that’s my top 5 dream guns. What about you all? What five guns to you lust after the most?